Posted On 17 Apr 2019
Annual Goodwill Donation Drive
Date: April 27, 2019 from 8am-11am
Location: 135 S Glendale Ave, Glendale, CA 91205, Jewel City Bowl Parking Lot
Hi Parents and Junior Bowlers…
April 27th is almost here! That means our annual fundraiser with the Goodwill on is only 2 Saturdays away! State Tournament is in July so we really need EVERYONE’S participation with this one. This is a great opportunity to get rid of all your unused items and clutter. Donate your junk to a good cause… so here’s some ideas to help promote our event:
- Tell all your family, friends, neighbors, etc… (post on social media)
- Check with your school and church/place of worship and ask if they will donate their Lost & Found items.
- Pay attention to yard/garage sale signs in your neighborhood. Ask the homeowner if they would donate what they don’t sell to The Goodwill in exchange for a tax donation receipt. It’s as easy as handing the person one of our flyers, identifying yourself as a Jewel City bowler or parent & telling them about our donation drive with the Goodwill.
- If you haven’t started your Spring Cleaning yet, NOWS A GOOD TIME! Open up that garage and closet and get rid of all your junk and clutter.
- Hand out flyers… tell everyone, it’s for the KIDS!!
Also, please review the attached list 2019 Acceptable/Unacceptable Donation Drive:
Goodwill no longer accept the following items:
– Toys (stuffed animals, board games, puzzles etc.)
– Holiday items (trees, garland, decorations, Easter baskets etc.)
– Rugs, Vacuums & Carpet cleaning machines.
– Any electronic that is hard wired (ceiling Fans, lighting etc.)
– Computers, Printers & accessories.
– TV’s – working or not
All donation need to be in clean, sellable condition. For items on Goodwill’s unacceptable list for Donation Drives, you can still drop those items off at your local Goodwill Centers.
Remember, in order for this to be a success, we need EVERYONE to participate! Thank you everyone for helping out with this fundraiser…
Any questions or suggestions regarding this fundraiser, feel free to contact me anytime.
Coach UBuild Lenon