2020 Pepsi Tournament is Here!
The Pepsi USBC Youth Championships is a nationwide tournament open to all USBC Youth members.
Beginning with qualifying during their leagues, youth bowlers have the opportunity to advance to a state finals event and earn scholarships, where they can compete against bowlers from across their state. Last year, more than $500,000 in scholarships was awarded across the country as part of this tournament.
For more info, you can download the Handbooks below.
Dates for Qualifying Rounds:
- November 2, 2019
- November 9, 2019
- January 11, 2020
- January 18, 2020
IMPORTANT INFORMATION for 2020:
ALL QUALIFYING SCORES ARE SCRATCH. The ratio from League Level to District is 1:2 per league/division/window (be sure to update BLS or Treasure software if applicable). The ratio from District to State is 1:5 per division (U12 / U15 / U17 / U20).
TWELVE AGE DIVISIONS: All qualifying will be scratch and will be based on the bowler’s birthdate:
U8 Division: Bowlers whose birthdate is 8/1/2011 or later
U10 Division: Bowlers whose birthdate is 8/1/2009 thru 7/31/11 U12 Division: Bowlers whose birthdate is 8/1/2007 thru 7/31/09 U15 Division: Bowlers whose birthdate is 8/1/2004 thru 7/31/07 U17 Division: Bowlers whose birthdate is 8/1/2002 thru 7/31/04 U20 Division: Bowlers whose birthdate is 8/1/1999 thru 7/31/02
LEAGUE LEVEL (Nov/Jan): The two league level qualifying windows are NOVEMBER 2-15, 2019 & JANUARY 11-24, 2020. If your youth league session conflicts with these dates because of a league bye, contact your District Director for permission to move your qualifying window one week before or one week after. Every youth bowler should be given their FREE chance to qualify. (Youth leagues and youth bowlers must be USBC certified in order to participate).
DISTRICT FINALS (March):
District #1, 2, 4 & 7 Finals: MARCH 14-15, 2020
District #3, 5, 6 & 8 Finals: MARCH 21-22, 2020
(SEE DISTRICT FINALS LOCATIONS BELOW)
- All divisions will earn handicap scholarships at the District FInals
- U8 & U10 Divisions will earn scratch scholarships at the District Finals
- U8 & U10 Champions (scratch) will earn a FREE entry into the 2020 Youth State Championships in July at Forest Lanes in Lake Forest (4 Champions x 8 Districts = 32 berths). See Youth Championships Page.
- U12, U15, U17 & U20 first place finishers (scratch) will earn a $50 Scholarship award and a berth into the Semi-Finals event of the DW CHALLENGE (Aug). No alternates for Pepsi berths. Semi-Finals entry fees required (64 total).
- U12, U15, U17 & U20 divisions will qualify to the State Finals (scratch) based on a ratio of 1:5 per division. IT IS THE STATE FINALIST’S RESPONSIBILITY TO CHECK ONLINE TO SEE IF THEY QUALIFIED AND REGISTER ONLINE MARCH 30–APRIL 11. Contact your Youth Director for help.
STATE FINALS (May):
MAY 2-3, 2020
HARLEY’S VALLEY BOWL
5255 Cochran St
Simi Valley, CA 93063
(805) 584-2695 – Do not call the center with pepsi questions please.
Squad times: Sat 8am, Sat 2pm & Sun 8:30am
ONLINE REGISTRATION (MARCH 30–APRIL 11) IS REQUIRED FOR QUALIFIERS
STATE FINALS INSTRUCTIONS (pdf)
- $10 entry fee on-site
- Earn scratch and handicap scholarships (1:10 ratio)
- Win one of eight berths into the USBC Junior Gold Championships to be held July 11-18, 2020 in Las Vegas, NV. California has many national champions: 2017 (Wesley Low, Jr U20 Div, Solomon Salama U15 Div and Jennifer Loredo U15 Div) 2018 (Katelyn Abigania U12 Div) 2019 (Katelyn Abigania & Elias O’Hollaren U12 Div)
- The eight Champions will earn a travel stipend valued up to $400 and a Strike 12 Creations jersey!
- CA offers an OPTIONAL HANDICAP SCHOLARSHIP DIVISION – Enter on-site
DIDDY WATTS YOUTH STATE SINGLES CHALLENGE Earn FREE Berths into this tournament through PEPSI…
2020 California Pepsi Championships District Finals first place finishers (scratch) in the U12, U15, U17 & U20 Boy/Girl divisions (64 total) will earn a berth into the Semi-Finals event of the DW CHALLENGE to be held August 8-9 at Rancho Bowl in Santa Maria. No alternates for Pepsi berths and Semi-Finals entry fees are required.
IMPORTANT PEPSI DATES
|FREE LEAGUE LEVEL QUALIFYING |
(All USBC certified youth leagues are eligible)
CALIFORNIA PEPSI WORKSHEETS (pdf)
Pepsi 2019-20 League Level Handbook (pdf)
|November 2-15, 2019 January 11-24, 2020|
|QUALIFYING PAPERWORK AND FEES DUE||February 18, 2020|
|DISTRICT FINALS #1, 2, 4, 7|
#1 – Harbor Lanes, Eureka
#2 – AMF Rocklin, Rocklin
#4 – KC Bowl, Hanford
#7 – Oak Tree Lanes, Diamond Bar
|March 14-15, 2020|
|DISTRICT FINALS #3, 5, 6, 8|
#3 – Classic Lanes, Daly City
#5 – Santa Clarita Lanes, Santa Clarita
#6 – AMF Hemet, Hemet
#8 – Surf Bowl, Oceanside
|March 21-22, 2020|
|RSVP WINDOW for STATE FINALISTS|
(Online Registration only)
State Finalists Instructions (pdf)
|March 30 – April 11, 2020|
(U12, U15, U17 & U20 Divisions only)
State Finals Rules (pdf)
HARLEY’S VALLEY BOWL
HOTELS – No headquarters hotel set.
Holiday Inn Express Simi Valley
|May 2-3, 2020|
|USBC JUNIOR GOLD NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS|
(U12, U15, U17 & U20 divisions only 8 berths)
|July 11-18, 2020|
Las Vegas, NV
|YOUTH STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS|
Forest Lanes, Lake Forest
(Team, Doubles, Singles)
(District Finals U8 & U10 Champions (scratch) can win FREE entries through Pepsi – 32 berths total – See rules for more info)
|July 11-12, 2020|
July 18-19, 2020
July 25-26, 2020
|DIDDY WATTS YOUTH STATE SINGLES CHALLENGE (AKA… DW Challenge) LOCAL QUALIFYING SITES:|
Harley’s Valley Bowl, Simi Valley
2 more sites to come
LAST CHANCE QUALIFIER, SEMI-FINALS & FINALS:
Rancho Bowl, Santa Maria
(District Finals U12, U15, U17 & U20 Champions (scratch) can earn berths through Pepsi – 64 total – See rules for more info)
|LOCAL QUALIFYING June 27-28, 2020|
LAST CHANCE QUALIFIER, SEMI-FINAL & FINALS August 8-9, 2020
Tournament Director: Lynn Matsubara Email: [email protected] Phone: 562-449-4527